Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lauren Spencer King

IMG_2185
IMG_2200
IMG_2206
IMG_2213
IMG_2221
IMG_2216

IMG_2214
IMG_2208
IMG_2220
Above:
All Artwork: Lauren Spencer King
All photos by Jennifer Parry Dodge

Yesterday I went to the studio of Lauren Spencer King. I stumbled across Lauren's blog a few months ago, without realizing that we had previously met briefly at multiple art openings in town over the years. When I finally made the connection, and we sat down together in real life and shared a meal- it was like meeting an old friend. I love that.

Lauren is a talented artist and designer, and I was excited and honored to be able to poke around in her studio (I seriously lost track of time while I was there chatting and shooting...I could have spent all day there gazing at her work).
It's actually been a big week for Lauren--she was featured on both Design*Sponge and Daily Candy. She certainly deserves the attention--her sculptures are striking, sensitive, beautiful; she is an incredible draftsman--one of the best I've ever seen, and an all around lovely individual.

Congratulations, Lauren, and thank you for your generosity!!

**wink wink** you'll be seeing more of Lauren in about a month or so on this blog ;)

10 comments:

natasha said...

i LOVE her work and i'm fairly obsessed with her blog, too. couldn't imagine a more fertile or creative collaborative duo .... if this is hinting towards future projects together, then i can't wait to see what they are!

cheryl said...

Wow, beautiful work! Excited to see what's brewing.

Jaime Rugh said...

Really interesting work!

Heather Taylor said...

I love her work and blog. Need to do a studio visit~

Jennifer said...

HBT!! I was hoping you'd say that :)

Anonymous said...

So happy to find Lauren and her beautiful work!

lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa Samp said...

love her work! amazing studio full of beautiful things! can't wait to hear more ;-)

lauren said...

OH MY GOSH!

JENNIFER!!

i seriously thought my week couldn't get ANY better, and it just did!
times 100! :)

you are SO sweet to post these photos and your lovely words leave me speechless.
this means so much to me because I am inspired by you! and am so grateful we have become friends... and have reconnected.

thank you thank you thank you
L

Amy said...

Oooo. Beautiful. Exciting.